REVIEW – I love having options for charging my wireless devices and having the convenience in every room of my home. Qi wireless charging has resulted in an explosion of available options with each company working to add a newer and better level of convenience and practicality. Let’s take a look at the Pitaka MagEZ Bar.
What is it?
The Pitaka MagEZ Bar is a magnetic wall-mountable charging bar. The surface of the MagEZ Bar is finished in Aramid fiber. Its features include double-sided USB C ports that allow you to power it from either side.
What’s in the box
1 x Pitaka MagEZ Bar
! x Wall Mount
1 x Power Adapter
1 x USB-C Cable
6 x Mounting Scrfews
6 x Expansion Bolts
2 x Metal Plate
2 x Alignment Guide
1 x User manual
For this review Pitaka provided:
1 x MagEz Case for iPhone 8 Plus
1 x MagEz Case for iPhone Xs Max
Design and features
Rated Input Voltage: 5V~9V
Rated Input Current: 3A
Rated output Voltage/ Current：(normal charging) DC 5V/1A; (fast charging) DC 9V/1.1A
Transmission Distance: <=5mm
Transfer Efficiency: 75% Max
Operating Temperature: -10℃~30℃
Storage Temperature: -20℃~60℃
Working Frequency: 110KHz-205KHz
Size: 380 x 120 x 10mm
- Attach and Go. With the MagEZ Bar, you would never misplace your essentials or forget them somewhere when leaving home again.
- Park your MagEZ Wallet, phone with MagEZ Case, keys and any other essentials with metal or magnets on the bar.
- The embedded strong magnets and rubber bumper design ensure all items will be held safely and securely.
- The slim profile of the MagEZ Bar rests on your indoor mount like nothing added and keeps your wall unobstructed.
- The typical carbon fiber twill brings a most classic and luxurious to the MagEZ Bar and your decoration
The MagEz Bar comes with a wall mount that you attach to the wall. The Bar slides onto the mount.
There is a USB-C power port on each short side of the Bar.
The USB-C power cable can be plugged into either side of the Bar. The wall adapter has a USB-C port for the other end of the cable to be plugged in.
Once you attach the wall mount to the wall, you attach the MagEz bar and plug in the USB-C cable and wall adapter.
The two options provided for your phone are shown below. You can use a MagEz case that has to be purchased separately, or you can use your own case and attach the metal plate to the back of your case.
Once the steps above are done, the phone in the case magnetically attaches to the bar, and as shown below, you can see the charging indicator on the upper right corner of the phone screen. The Bar can charge 2 phones simultaneously, and the magnet is strong enough to secure even a reasonably large bunch of keys.
What I like
- The build quality
- The magnetic strength
- The wall mounting capability
What I’d change
- Noting that I can think of. It works well, does what it is designed to do, and it very convenient
I really like this charging bar and the convenience of it. It is perfect for placing near the front door, or in my case, I placed it over my desk. It is reliable and charges in about the same time as the stock phone charger. I give this Pitaka MagEz Bar a well done and two thumbs up!!
Support The Gadgeteer:
The Gadgeteer’s main sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links in articles like this one. Even though we may receive compensation, we always give our honest opinions about our experiences with each product.