1.) I planted grass plugs this weekend! Ordered them online (super-cheap shipping despite how heavy the box was). Bald spots in a lawn is a pain so I hope this solves it. 🙂 But either way, it was fun to be outside early in the morning, digging in the dirt.
2.) I watched Fantasy Island & Underwater on Saturday. Liked them both (I’d give 3.5 stars to Fantasy Island – it’s dorky at times, but there was a twist I DID NOT see coming, and I really liked the very ending of it). Of course the whole thing is far-fetched but the whole “you have to let the fantasy play out” mostly always had a pretty decent surprise and lesson. A
nd while both were thrillers, Underwater had me on the edge of my seat the whole way. An easy 4 stars (maybe even 4.5 stars) for that one. HOLY MOLY that is a totally nightmare and is non-stop crazy scary right from the get go!!!! Having to escape a damaged underwater station that is like… 6 miles or more deep. And they have to find the one that might not be damaged, and getting to it (finding in while walking on the floor of the ocean is just terrifying). Movies where I’m lost in space, or underwater are just a HUGE EEEEEEP!!! And notice I said “I’m” because I feel like it’s me when I’m watching a movie this good. I swear I was holding my breath and having anxiety attacks the whole way.
3.) My mom saw a recipe that she thought I’d like. It was the Mississippi Pot Roast. 😉 She knows me well. BTW, that’s what I decided to make yesterday. YUMMMMMY!!!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- Unforgettable: A Cloverleigh Farms Standalone by Melanie Harlow <— BASEBALL STAR SECON CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! He’s back in town for his sister’s wedding… “…It’s been eighteen years, but one look at her and I feel like my old self again. I can still make her laugh, she can still take me down a notch, and when the chemistry between us explodes, it’s even hotter this time around—and I don’t want it to end. But just when I think I’m ready to let go of the past and get back in the game, life throws me a curveball I never saw coming...”
- Defy or Defend: A Delightfully Deadly Novel by Gail Carriger <— GAIL CARRIGER ALERT! “…A vampire hive descending into madness. A beautiful spy with a sparkly plan. The bodyguard who must keep them from killing each other…“
- Charlie: An Enemies to Lovers Stand-Alone Romance (Rydeville Elite Book 4) by Siobhan Davis <— HE’S HER BOSS & OOOOPS... “…My boss, Charlie, is determined to make my life a living hell, availing of every opportunity to undermine my confidence, to humiliate and threaten me. Sleeping with him the night of his wedding might have something to do with his attitude. Or the fact I’m the spitting image of the woman he really wants. If our financial situation wasn’t so dire, I’d tell Charlie to stick his job up his delectable butt. But I’m trapped, and things are only getting worse...”
- Finding Bliss (The Moore Family Book 1) by Abby Brooks
- Bound in Sacrifice (The Dirty Heroes Collection Book 4) by Murphy Wallace
- Can’t Fight This Feeling (Indigo Royal Resort Book 1) by Claire Hastings
- TREY: A Lair Novel by A.M. Madden <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! “...Everywhere I go, I play the part of rock star, shameless with my cocky attitude and salacious smirks. I deserve an award for how well I can fake being happy. But then everything changes in my life—again. Turns out they were right. After all I’ve been through, I discover my heart can mend itself after all...”
- A Lot Like Family (A Lot Like Home Book 4) by Kat Cantrell
- Bancroft: Dalton’s Kiss: Vampire Paranormal Romance (Dalton’s Kiss Book 1) by Kathi S. Barton
- Billionaire’s Unexpected Bride (Slade Brothers Book 1) by Alexis Winter
- You Will Obey (Rules of Bennett Book 4) by Ember Michaels
- Someone (Sawtooth Mountains Stories Book 4) by Susan Fanetti <— SUSAN FANETTI ALERT!! “…Then one day, something between them changes. Maybe it’s the trouble Ellen has with a wealthy and insistent guest. Maybe it’s the trouble that’s risen up suddenly between the people of Jasper Ridge and the people of the Sawtooth Jasper reservation. Whatever it is, their world shakes. And Ellen and Luke, friends for years, see each other differently for the first time. Maybe there’s someone for everyone after all...”
- That Crazy Kind by Jenika Snow <— HE WAS THE BOY FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS... “...when I transferred to Silver Creek High to finish my senior year, I had one goal—keep my head down, don’t let anyone piss me off enough to get into a fight, and graduate. And then she came into my life. Harlow...”
- How to Quit Your Crush by Amy Fellner Dominy <— OPPOSITES “…Mai Senn knows Anthony Adams is no good for her – no matter how hard she might crush on him. She’s valedictorian; he’s a surf bum. She’s got plans, he’s got his art. Complete opposites in every way. Vinegar and baking soda, they once joked. A chemical reaction that bubbled…”
- Whore (Chauvinist Stories Book 3) by Elise Faber
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).