HP laptops are powerful and suitable for personal and business use. So many times, there’s a possibility that if you buy a new laptop online, you have to install Windows operating system manually. Sometimes, you have to reinstall Windows operating system due to bugs, frequent system crashes, or if you occasionally get errors. You might also want to upgrade the Windows operating system in your older HP laptop.
In this guide, we will help you to install Windows from USB in HP laptops. The article will explain how to boot an HP laptop from USB? or How to install Windows on dos laptop using Pendrive?
How to install Windows 11 or Windows 10 in HP laptops from Pendrive?
In the early days, we had to use floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs to install Windows operating system on our computers. But now, most modern PCs don’t feature CD, DVD, or Blu-ray drives.
Nowadays, you can use a bootable USB device to install Windows operating system on your HP laptops. You will need to install or reinstall Windows operating system on your HP laptop in case it is a new dos laptop, or it’s lagging, working slow, or causing performance issues. Your HP laptop will be like a new laptop after the booting process.
You can install Windows 11 or Windows 10 or any other latest Windows version on your laptop. Do not forget to backup your important data on an external drive or in online cloud storage.
What do you need to install Windows from USB, Pendrive in HP laptop?
There are some requirements to install Windows operating system on your HP laptop.
- Windows installation .ISO media
- USB flash drive with at least 16GB of free space. We recommend 32GB Pendrive. This drive will be formatted, so make sure it doesn’t have any important data on it
- Extra Windows laptop or computer with a good internet connection (to download Windows .ISO file)
- We recommend obtaining a license to run the Windows operating system.
- HP laptop you want to boot.
Let’s see step-by-step how to install Windows on an HP laptop. You can use this method to install Windows 11, Windows 10, or any latest Windows version on your laptop.
1. Create a Windows 11/10 bootable USB drive
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive/Pendrive to the extra Windows laptop or computer you have.
- Now open a browser and go to Microsoft’s official website and download the Windows Media Creation Tool. Here you can choose Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 versions that you want to install on your laptop. Download Windows Disc Image (ISO File).
- If you buy the product, you will get a product key. We have to enter this product key while the Windows installation process.
- Open the downloaded file to start installing the software.
- “Accept” the terms & conditions, then you can manually choose language, edition, and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit). Or you can also click on “Use the recommended options for this PC”.
- Now select media device “USB Flash Drive” and click on Next. From the list of devices, select the USB drive/Pendrive you have connected to the PC.
- After selecting, the Windows 10 OS will start downloading onto your USB device.
- You will get a message “Your USB flash drive is ready” after the download is completed.
2. Boot your HP laptop using the bootable USB flash drive/Pendrive
- Turn On your HP laptop. Keep your laptop charging. Now Reset the laptop from settings.
- Now that you have a bootable USB drive/Pendrive, connect it to the HP laptop you want to boot.
- Shut down the HP laptop that you want to boot. After connecting USB Pendrive, turn it On and press F9 to open Boot Manager in Bios.
- Select “USB Flash/Hard Drive option.”
3. Install Windows on HP laptop using bootable USB Drive/Pendrive:
- After completing the above steps, Select language, time & currency format, keyboard and input. Then “Next” and click on “Install Now”.
- Enter the product key you got after purchasing the Windows operating system. You can click on “I Don’t Have Product Key” option and use a 30-day trial.
- Now select the version of the Windows operating system that you want to install. Accept the Terms & Conditions and Click on “Next”.
- Now choose the “Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)” option. Then choose the “C drive” to install Windows 11/Windows 10.
- After all these steps, the Windows installation process will start on your HP laptop.
After Windows has been installed on your HP laptop
After completing Windows operating system installation, restart your HP laptop. Install compatible graphics drivers. The laptop will update all the drivers in the system. So give 15-20 minutes to complete updates.
USB flash drive should have the FAT32 format.
A blank USB flash drive with at least 16 GB of space.
No, you will need a license to use Windows OS.
Press F9 to open the Boot Device Options menu after starting your HP laptop. Use the up or down arrow key to select the USB flash drive, and then press Enter.
Yes, you can smoothly install Windows 11 or Windows 10 on HP laptop. Follow our step-by-step guide.
Yes, you can install any Windows version on your DOS laptop. You will need a bootable USB flash drive to install Windows operating system
No products found.